Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Perfect Moment in Time

Excerpt my journal on 9/1/2017...

"I had one of the best moments of my life tonight! I went golfing with Fota to Sand Hollow and it was incredible! We played 9 holes on the front of the Championship Course and it was great, but we played the back after (well 2 holes) and the 11th hole was so incredibly beautiful. It was a par 3 facing West - the sun was setting, the weather was perfect, there was no wind - no sound - it was the most peaceful feeling and moment I have ever experienced - it was a perfect moment in time. I hit a beautiful tee shot about 10 feet from the hole. It felt so relaxed and smooth. Fota had to one up me and hit a shot 9 feet from the hole haha. It was amazing. There are no words in my limited vocabulary to describe this moment, aside from the fact that I didn't want anything else in life - for that moment in time. I was perfectly content, so comfortably happy and so peacefully relaxed. It was a perfectly perfect moment that I will never forget. I am fortunate enough to have traveled around the world and see amazing things and eat at fancy restaurants - and all that goes with it - but it is interesting to note that one of the best moments of my blessed life was experienced on the 11th hole at sunset with my best friend, overlooking beautiful Southern Utah, barefoot on the grass, and a little hungry haha. I will always be grateful for this night and for Fota being with me. Oh, and there was a free firework show after! It's a good life."








No comments:

Post a Comment