Sunday, May 22, 2016

Perspective in Vancouver

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to go to Vancouver for work. I had never been to Vancouver before, but had always wanted to go. It is so beautiful - I think it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. As I was driving my rental car to the hotel, I saw a forest on the side of the road with a pullover. I decided to just walk around and take some pictures, since the afternoon was free. I started walking on one of the trails and it kind of took my breath away. It was so lush and green. I was taking pictures, but it was too pretty almost to take pictures. The pictures weren't doing this place justice.

About 15 minutes into the trail, I saw an old man walking a dog and they had stopped to take a break. I approached the old man and said, "Excuse me, does this trail lead anywhere awesome?" He looked at me and said, "You don't think this is awesome?" kind of sarcastically, but also to teach me a lesson it seemed. I felt like an idiot and like a total ingrate. I thought about it the entire weekend and the last few weeks. I really feel like I have been living my life like that a lot lately. I have had so many awesome experiences and gone to so many amazing places, but I don't think I have fully appreciated them. I always look for the next big thing or the next trip or what I am doing tomorrow. So, I am going to try and appreciate each day and each experience more. That might sound cliche and common sense, but I am grateful to learn it.




























1 comment:

  1. These are some wonderful pictures and yes I feel the same way more times than not. Always wanting more when if you just looked around you'd see that were you are and what you are doing is probably already pretty amazing

    ReplyDelete